Sunday, November 15, 2009

Solo


Gabriel has wanted to do a solo at dance for the last couple of years.  She has finally gotten her wish.  Saturday she was able to perform her solo for the first time in front of someone other than her teacher.  What made this so special is that the event where she performed was Roberts Elementary (where she went to school).  Sorry there are so many pictures but we wanted the all to see event though you were not there.


What made this even more interesting is that she hurt her wrist earlier in the week and we did not find out it was just a sprain until after the MRI results came back on Friday.





















She was exhausted when she got done but as you can see below she was very proud.  She did a great job.


As the dance year goes on we will post competition pictures of this dance and others as well.  Victoria has some great dances too that she will be taking to competition so look for pictures of her dancing in the future.

3 comments:

Steve Mac said...

wow - looks great - way to go, Gabriel! Hoping to see you guys next week - we'll be in Marietta Monday and Tuesday before heading back to B'ham for Thanksgiving.

DICK said...

Is the reddish floor a hard surface or a trampoline?! Her jumps are so high that it seems that it could not be done from a hard surface!

Ashton said...

WOWWOW!!!!

I am so impressed! You are becoming an amazing dancer----not only one who loves dancing but looks good doing it!!! Your passe (sorry my french is not very good!) in the first photo is incredibly turned out. I am jealous! I really like the jump that you did in the second photo! I'm going to show one of my teachers and see if she will use it. The third photo and the sixth photo look amazing cause your legs are so high and yet they are still tight together! I really like your tilt and your center leap. Nice job! And I like the jump(at least I think it was a jump---I think you were landing) the scorpion looking one! It is so cool. And your arabesque is above 90!! Good job girly!!!! And to top it all off, nice finish!!! I love you lots and am very proud of you. I can tell you have worked very hard. Your extensions prove it!
~ATP